1/21/13

meet our mama mae

Today we asked our stylish friend Mae to guest post for us!  Mae is one of our best college buddies, and she and her husband recently moved from Oxford to Jackson, Ms where they bought the most precious new house.  Mae managed Cicada in Oxford while we were in school and after until her husband's law career moved them further south!  Needless to say, she knows a thing or two about fashion, and decorating too!  She did this cute nursery all on her own, and the rest of her new house is one of our current projects (pictures and more to come soon) but not bc she REALLY needs the help--it's because Mr. Jack is almost here and this stylish mama has PLENTY to do besides pick out new cushions and pillows!  Enjoy!!!

Please bear with me, as this is my first blog post EVER! Betsey and Becca asked me to do this almost 2 months ago and I have been putting it off! For one, I am one of their pregnant friends who can't make a decision on ANYTHING and I have pregnancy brain too, so I can't remember anything!!! My husband gets quite frustrated with me, as you can imagine.  I am usually quite impulsive, but with a child on the way - I can't do anything! Secondly, I had no clue what to post....but they suggested my baby on the way's new blue room, so here goes!

It’s no secret – Pinterest is taking over the world and everyone's spare time. I, like every other female (and some males, I am beginning to see) on the planet, have a Pinterest account.  As a soon to be new momma, I love to pin all sorts of things from nursery ideas to baby clothes to what to pack for the hospital!  Here are some of my favorite pins from the Pinterest world.

I actually had this bedding from Serena and Lily picked out before I knew what I was having.  Good thing it's a boy, or that would have been another difficult decision to make! Although I'm sure I could have found something else on Pinterest :)

Dylan Crib Bedding for Baby Nursery | Serena & Lily

The next thing that I needed was a glider. I have heard too many horror stories about people's gliders not coming in on time. I'm due in March, so I thought that ordering in November was plenty of time! Well.....I'm now like everyone else. It's late January and I keep getting emails from the company saying that production was delayed due to the holidays, etc....So mommies to be - order way in advance!! Here is a picture of the style I ordered, and a tiny little swatch of the fabric.

 Different fabric, but I think a recliner / glider will be needed.http://www.poshtots.com/_common/_assets/swatch_images/3271_28445_CT1.jpg

On to a few things that I will need right when the baby Jack arrives! The woombie is an easy swaddler for newborns. Looks funny and quite restricting, but my sister swears by it (she just had her first baby too--a precious little girl name Elise!!!)

http://www.woombie.com/prodimages/larges/summer-kiwi.jpg

And for a not-so-straight-jacket-like swaddle, Aden + Anais has come out with their Easy Swaddles, and I couldn't be more excited! Everyone loves their muslin swaddle cloths, but these make it easier for the new parents that haven't mastered the perfect swaddle.


Any other baby items you are obsessed with or any advise you have for the mommy to be??  Since this is  my first one, I'm needing any and all suggestions on live withouts to get BEFORE our little bundle arrives.  

Until next time..

XOXO,
Mae


No comments:

Post a Comment