2/4/13

beyonce, beds and birthdays

Happy Monday everyone!  I am dragging today--we spent the weekend in Atlanta celebrating a sweet friend's first baby girl and I am exhausted.  I have been on the road every day for a week, for at least 3 hours, and when Essie girl and I arrived in Jackson last night I didn't move off Will's parents couch.

On to the Super Bowl, I'm not much of a sports fanatic, but I AM a Beyonce fanatic.  I watched the whole thing then youtubed it and watched again.  I really love her and thought she did a great job--and when the rest of Destiny's Child popped up through the floor it got that much better.  


Now on to beds...Becca spent last week in Memphis with me where we are currently working on 4 projects.  We got LOTS done and can't wait to show you bits and pieces.  We have gotten several orders together and are excited for the pieces to start arriving and things to fall into place.  One of the best parts is making new friends through the process and we have had the good fortune of only having GREAT people to work with so far.  That makes it all the more fun.  



The first room for one client is a Master Bedroom that needs an awesome bed to be the focal point of the room.  We have gotten together several great recommendations for her, which we won't show you on here:) but in all our searching and sourcing last week, we came across these great bargains as well....










If you aren't on One Kings Lane, you are missing out.  I check it everyday, and we ordered a few things for a project last week and got great deals.  While searching for clients, I picked up this puppy for my own home.  


Speaking of our own home, my sweet fiance surprised me with the best birthday gift ever on Friday--a house!! (barring a good inspection of course!)  He has really outdone himself on the holidays this year, and may be sorry about that in the future:)

I am so excited about decorating our first house, and Becca and I discussed options for the space all the way to Atlanta and back this weekend.  In fact, we decided to make a pit stop at Ikea on our way into Atlanta to see if there was anything we couldn't live without, but it was a bit cold to leave my pup in the car....so we took her in my purse.  I never thought I'd be one of those.....


It was such a great birthday and was so fun to celebrate with sweet college friends for the first time in a LONG time!!  Friends flew in from all over the country to celebrate Baby Raville, so I lucked out and got to celebrate with some of my favorite girls at the same time.  

Bec and Me at the Family Dog in the Highlands

All the girls (excuse the red eyes--a horrible pic!)

bday dinner at Seven Lamps!

I've decided to not dread Monday's/a new week anymore.  I'm extremely OCD so I usually feel pretty overwhelmed on Monday mornings, but rather than getting so stressed I'm just going to be grateful to have a new week.  Sending happy thoughts your way:)



Betsey


1 comment: